Wednesday 7 March 2012

Lobby Card Collection - Once Upon a Time in the West (1969)

I thought I'd continue on with the films of Sergio Leone, and following on the heels of lobby cards for A Fistful of Dollars, For a Few Dollars More, and The Good, The Bad and The Ugly, I present 12 cards used to promote his most operatic of westerns Once Upon a Time in the West. The film features excellent performances from Henry Fonda, Charles Bronson, Claudia Cardinale and Jason Robards, a wonderful score from Ennio Morricone, and an early screenwriting credit for none other than Dario Argento. If you haven't already picked it up the blu-ray from Paramount is well worth a purchase.

 











1 comment:

  1. Very nice, Shaun my boy, very nice indeed. Reminds how different this film feels from the Dollars Trilogy. It's hard to put your finger on why, but it just does. I suppose the overall tone has a lot to do with it. As you said, it's "operatic," and the over style of the picture serves that end. Form follows function, etc. I especially like the costumes in this one, a lot of earth-tones to blend certain characters into the surroundings and contrast them against Fonda's slick, albeit dusty duds. No cooler (in both senses of the word) killer has ever been portrayed on film, I'd wager.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails